We believe that the Holy Bible is the Word of God, meaning it reveals to us God’s will. It has the final authority in everything we do. It is truth and does not have any errors. We can trust in it.
We believe in the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
As a Reformed church, we want to keep going back to the Bible and examine ourselves and make changes so that we are always following the truths of God’s Word. There are 5 main slogans that characterize a Reformed church:
- Scripture Alone – It is the only standard for faith. Everything else that is said must match it.
- By Grace Alone – Salvation is not something we earn ourselves, it is something that God gives even though we don’t deserve it.
- By Faith Alone – You don’t receive salvation unless you truly believe God has provided it for you and that you really are forgiven for your sins.
- In Christ Alone – There is no other way to be made right with God than through the saving work of Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.
- To the Glory of God Alone – Our lives and this whole world have one purpose, to bring the Creator of this world glory.
We confess the same faith that church has always confessed, as passed down in the great creeds of the early church: the Apostle’s Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed.
We also continue to go back to the summary teachings of the Reformation of the 16th century as tools to help us teach and remain united in the faith. The Three Forms of Unity are the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort.
We are part of the broader federation of Canadian Reformed Churches, who hold each other accountable in remaining faithful to God’s Word.