Saturday, September 17, 2022
Niagara area and Fergus Area
We are pleased to announce that once again the Anchor Association will be hosting their annual Walk-a-Thon “in person”. The Walk-a-Thon date is set for Saturday, September 17, 2022.
For the Niagara area, the Walk-a-Thon will be held in Hamilton’s Confederation Park, at the Willow Cove Pavilion, registration beginning at 8:30 am. and we hope to have it all wrapped up by noon.
For the Fergus area, the Walk-a-Thon will start at the Lighthouse (Fergus) with a 9:00 am. registration, followed by a walk to the Belwood Lake Dam.
Here are some of the ways that you can participate:
1. Come out and join us either by yourself or with a group of friends. The sponsorship forms can be found on the Anchor Association’s website: http://anchor-association.com/event/anchor-walk-a-thon or contact the office for a paper copy.
2. If you are unable to join us at the event, due to distance or for other reasons, organize a small group of friends or your family to do your own walk locally on that day. Request sponsorships for your walk.
3. Sponsor a resident from one of our homes and they will do the walk. Feel free to contact the home to select a resident to sponsor or sponsor the entire home.
4. Send a special donation by e-transfer or cheque, earmarked 'walk-a-thon'.
5. It is preferred that all sponsor sheets and funds are brought to the walk-a-thon on September 17th, but if that is not possible, participants can either send an E-transfer (for the total raised) and email in a copy (scan or photo) of their sponsor sheet to: email@example.com; or mail in their sponsor sheet together with their cheque(s) to head office – 361 Thirty Road, Grimsby, L3M 0L1 (please do not send cash). Please make sure that Walk-a-Thon is noted on the memo line. Donation receipts will be issued for any sponsorship over $20. All funds and donations need to be submitted to the Anchor head office preferably no later than two weeks after the event.
The Anchor Association benefits greatly from this annual event for both the running of the homes in addition to some extras as well as in meeting our residents and forging friendships. We pray that you will help us in making this a successful event.